It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians cannot journey to Dubai straight from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous couple of months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was once very simple has swiftly turn into a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different international locations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It is because the 2 international locations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points folks have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many standard tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Generally this month, A consumer contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and in addition to plan his itinerary to Dubai through Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop an extended story brief, on his journey date, we received to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and looking out effectively maintained. That was after I received the shocks of my life. Firstly, the vast majority of the folks going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport had been Nigerians.
As we had been driving into the automobile park, I notice the general public doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met a number of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll virtually suppose it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport positioned in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we had been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I believed they had been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we had been informed they had been denied boarding. I received extra curious, on additional investigation, I later received to know that they backdated the date they received in, not understanding that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was making an attempt to board with a pretend visa. I cannot imagine somebody would strive to try this. I feel the particular person he paid gave him a pretend visa. He received locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that had been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that isn’t clear. The final units of Nigerians that received denied had been individuals who received late to the checking level.
Listed here are the key the explanation why you could possibly get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Causes Why Individuals Had been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that isn’t clear, broken on any a part of the info web page is automated rejection. Please keep away from any type of harm to your passport. Most people had been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none difficulty. Somebody mentioned they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Faux visa: Please at all times attempt to verify the validity of your passport.
- Faux stamp: Please make sure you at all times stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are presupposed to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you might be allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 take a look at: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 take a look at on time so you will get the consequence on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai by the Republic of Benin
1. it’s essential to spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the secure facet, Be sure you stamp in Seme border somewhat than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko after they arrive in Dubai.
3. Affirm your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport no less than three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 take a look at. You’ll get your consequence the identical day.
6. If you will get an agent that’s accustomed to the route that will help you out. It’ll prevent a number of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a lodge that isn’t removed from the airport
8. Get accustomed to the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It’ll prevent a number of headache.
Please make sure you observe all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the fitting factor as a result of as soon as you might be caught they’ll make sure you face the regulation. Have you ever had an analogous expertise? Please share under.